Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

ford 2002 fprd explorer and the rear wiper will not work

Customer Question

2002 fprd explorer and the rear wiper will not work
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, this is usually caused by a bad wiper motor, we do alot of them, do you have a test light or volt meter? its easy to check. does the washer on the rear wiper work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The washer does not work and the motor was checked.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
do you have power to the motor when the switch is on, do you have power to the switch?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer that the rear wiper and washer will not work. The motor and fuse have been checked.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Do you have power at the mtor when the switch is on, do you have power out of the switch?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no power at the motor. I am not sure about power at the switch.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.

You need to check g=for power going into the switch, and power going out, when the switch is on, can you do this?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no power going into the switch
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
at the motor in the rear, do you have 12 volts to the black/pink wire, with the key on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there is no current at the motor

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
You need to check fuse F2.9 in the fuse box in the dash,can you do this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. This explorer belongs to my daughter who has been out of town for a few days. As soon as she gets back I will check the fuse.

Also I have used this service a couple of times before and was well satified, but this time I have been charged 18 dollars and I have not accepted any thing yet.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
you have not been charged yet, you have not accepted the answer yet, so the money is still in your account,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, my credit card was charged 18.00 dollars.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
you credit card is charged when you ask the question, I dont get paid until you push the accept button, you 18 dollars is still in your account at just Answer,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If you don't get paid until I accept an answer where does the eighteen dollars go that I

just paid to my credit card account?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
it is in your account at just amswer
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You said I needed to check the F2.9 fuse, I done that the fuse is okay
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.

if you dont have power on the pink/black wire at the wiper motor, and he fuse is good and has power when the key is on, then there is a break in the pink/black wire some where, the wires goes directly from the fuse to the motor,tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

After checking out everything that you said, we still could not get the wiper motor on the rear to work. We then took it to a mechanic who worked on it and then gave up. We have done the same.