John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Experience:  19 years Ford Lincoln Mercury experience
7591113

Ford contour replacing alternator 1999 ford contour

Customer Question

replacing alternator 1999 ford contour
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Mc replied 6 years ago.

John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer tech. I hope I can help you quickly and accurately. One moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

Do you need instructions? Is it a 4 cyl or a v6?

Customer :

4cyl

Customer :

4 cyl

Customer :

yes

Customer :

replacing alternator 1999 ford contour

John Mc :

Sorry, I had to take down christmas lights off the house.

John Mc :

This is actually a pretty easy job on your car.

First disconnect the battery. Now remove the air chamber that goes to the top of the throttle body. Now use a wrench to loosen the belt tensioner and remove the belt. Next remove the three or four bolts that mount the alternator to the engine. Now pull up the alternator and disconnect the wiring. The alternator comes straight up and out.

John Mc :

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for helping you today!

Also if you need further assistance for this problem after accepting feel free to ask a
follow up and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks,
John Mc

Customer :

I TOOK MY CAR TO AL'S SUNOCO IT WAS $192.60 I AM NOT YELLING.

Customer :

I AM NOT PAYING YOU

John Mc :

So you ask how to do something, you see it is too much for you to do and you take it to someone else and stiff me.

Wow aren't you a stand up guy! You asked how to do something and I gave you a proper answer. Have a nice day.

John Mc

Customer :

John Mc :

...