Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Replace the oil pump on a ford windstar 1999, (LX, 3.8 engine) ?

Customer Question
How to replace the oil...
How to replace the oil pump on a ford windstar 1999, (LX, 3.8 engine) ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
12/17/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Enclosed are the complete instruction for replacing the oil pump on your 3.8 . This isnt a real bad job.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hi Ron!

I thought the " in high detail" includes the tools and procedures, too. What you answered is nothing specific, it's obvious. I'm interesting in how to access the bolts to remove them and replace them!!??

There are no special tools, you Jack the Van up, Drian the oil and remove the filter. The pump is right there. There are no special tools.What are you missing? I will walk you thru it if you need. 5 bolts, 13mm socket.

Sorry, Ron, may be I'm wrong, but there are six bolts on my oil pump, four size 10 mm and two size 8 mm and the upper three are really hard to access with a simple wrench, they are in a very tight place.

You need a 3/8 flex ratchet and a bit of patience, Its not that bad actually.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Yes, you are right, may be a 3/8 will do it! Thanks for your answer!

Your very welcome, thank you very much as well.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician