Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

How do i bleed cooling system 2002 ford taurus

Customer Question
how do i bleed cooling system 2002 ford taurus
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
12/5/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

If you do not have a bleed funnel, Try jacking the front of the car up so that the radiator is higher than the engine, then remove the car and start the engine, as the engine warms up, any trapped air will rise to the top and escape. once you have done this, add coolant as needed and reinstall the cap and retest.
I was told there was a bleeder I could unscrew if so were is that located. My ploblem is the temp. gauge takes a long time to get hot and heater won't blow hot air. I flushed heater core and changed thermostat.
You most likely have trapped air and there is no bleeder, try what I suggested, it will work.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician