Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F450 Super Duty RV We have 2004 class c motorhome V10,

We have 2004 class c motorhome V10, live in coastal So Cal, been using mobil one 5/30 from first change, we are driving very little now, only 2,000 mile in last 12 months, total miles to date 14,000.
Which is more important, change oil annually or in accord with Ford's latest advise which I understand may now be 7,500 miles. I understand Castrol synthetic is superior, but latest mobil one bottles say "fully"on the labels. Any advantage to Castrol?, factory recs 15,000 miles on our BMW with Castrol.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Any good brand of synthetic is good for at least 7500 miles and it dosnt hurt anything to wait till you reach that amount of miles , even if that take more than a year. Its a good idea to start and run the engine from time to time and warm it up real well to avoid any condensation from building up in the engine. Both brands of oil are fine.