Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 expedition: fuses..the console (floor shifter)how do i find relay…

Customer Question
the shiftlock is acting up...
the shiftlock is acting up on my 2007 expedition and now brakelights dont work when car is finally in gear fuses are good had to pop out tab to access emer button on the console (floor shifter)how do i find relay
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Ford
11/6/2010
Ford Mechanic: chris, Ford Mechanic replied 7 years ago
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic

Hi there

You could have a bad stop lamp switch ,, grab a flash light and look under the drivers side of the dash , ,, follow the brake pedal up and you will find the stop lamp switch ,, unplug the switch and use a paper clip or a jumper wire and jump White/Red wire to the Yellow/Gray wire and this should cause the brake lamps to come on ,, if it does then you have a bad stop lamp switch

graphic

if the brake lamps do not come on , then I would check fuse number F31 in the fuse box under the hood ,,

graphic

we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

chris
chris, Ford Mechanic