Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

1999 Ford F150: I find were heater control valve is, and how do I make

Have a 1999 Ford F150 4.6 2w drive: How do I find were heater control valve is, and how do I make sure it is working properly?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Ford does not show a heater valve on this model. If both hoses are very hot, near 200 degrees F, then the concern is inside the dash with either a broken blend door or failed blend door actuator ( most common failure). If you plan to fix this yourself, I can provide images and assistance, just drop me a reply and I will get them for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey Moose :Thanks!! Yes I plan to do the work myself. So if you wouldn't mind please, provide me withe the images. Thanks!!
Here are the steps, download here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Moose: How do I get to the broken blend door ( if broken) to repair it?
Once the actuator is off, manually try to move the door, if it is broken then you must remove the complete dash and then the HVAC box and replace the complete box since the door alone is not sold.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good Stuff Moose!! One more question. Do you have a wiring digram for blend door actuator connector, so I can check voltage at connector.
There is no need, just remove it and hold your finger on the dial for some pressure like turning the door and then turn the key on and command hot then cold and if it does not move then check for any power on the electrical connector, if there is power and no movement then its bad.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more Question: Is this the only thing that could keep heat from entering cab,or is there some sort of valve in line heater core inlet that cuts water off from flowing through the heater core.
This model should not have a heater control valve. If both heater core hoses are very hot, near 200 degrees F, then the concern is inside the dash
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks Chris (aka Moose) You have been very helpful!! I accept your answers.

Have a good evening. Thanks.

You do the same.