J EARL
J EARL, Ford Technician
Experience:  17 YEARS OF FORD DEALERSHIP SERVICE FORD SENIOR MASTER ASE L1 DRIVABILTY TECH
45160428

TPMS Reset on my 2010 Escape. I have the tool from Ford- how

TPMS Reset on my 2010 Escape. I have the tool from Ford- how is this done?
Category: Ford
Expert:  J EARL replied 6 years ago.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, then press and release the brake pedal.
Cycle the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
Press and release the brake pedal.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times, ending in the RUN position.
The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if the training mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center will display TRAIN LF TIRE.

NOTE: It may take up to 6 seconds to activate a tire pressure sensor. During this time, the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool must remain in place at the valve stem.
Place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the LF tire sidewall at the valve stem. Press and release the test button on the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the SJB.

Within 2 minutes of the horn sounding, place the Tire Pressure Monitor Activation Tool on the RF tire sidewall at the valve stem and press and release the test button to train the RF tire pressure sensor.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU JEFF