EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2003 ford explorer. Power windows stopped working. Replaced

Customer Question

2003 ford explorer. Power windows stopped working. Replaced CB 62 with no luck. Any suggestions
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 years ago.

Hi. Yes I have a suggestion. The most common problem for the windows not to work on an Explorer is a broken wire in the drivers door harness. The harness that connects the door to the body. Look inside there for a broken wire and let me know what you find.

Thanks, Eric

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is a broken wire in there. It is broken off at the connector. I can't find the other end. The end that I see broken off is coming from the door.

Ok. The other end is definitely there. You will need to give yourself enough room to strip back the wires and reconnect them. Usually they break in the middle of the harness. Its not the easiest to access but now that you know whats wrong with it you can repair it. On my 04 Explorer I had to take off the drivers door panel and disconnect some of the wiring and pull the harness out a little bit to get better access. Feel free to ask any further questions.

Thanks, Eric

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I found the other end. It is a blue and black wire. Is the door panel held on by clips, screws or both?

Hold on. I'll give you the procedure from the manual.

Removal click here.

Thanks for using Just Answer. Please remember to click accept if you got the correct answer.

Edited by Eric on 10/13/2010 at 12:38 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Could I access by just taking off the speaker cover then removing the speaker. It looks like he wires run behind the speaker

The wires are tight and you won't be able to pull them through. I updated my last post with the panel removal link. Its real easy to get it off.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks