Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2010 ford fusion installing remote control for garage door

<p>2010 ford fusion installing remote...
<p>2010 ford fusion installing remote control for garage door opener</p><p>Sync does not indicate setup.</p><p>Ford manual does not offer any place to hide remote and press a button external to the remote to operate garage door. </p><p> </p>
9/18/2010
davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Chat Conversation Started
davehop :

Are you needing information on how to program your opener to the homelink transmitter in the visor? If so, here you are...

davehop :

1. Verify the hand-held transmitter is operative by pressing a button and observing the illumination of the indicator on the hand-held transmitter.

1. Turn the ignition to the ON position.

1. Prepare for programming the universal transmitter by erasing all 3 channels by holding down the 2 outside buttons until the red light begins to flash (20-30 seconds). Release both buttons.
    Full Size Image

davehop :

1. Select 1 of the 3 universal transmitter buttons to be used for programming.

1. Hold the end of the hand-held transmitter 25-51 mm (1-2 in) from the front surface of the universal transmitter so that the red light on the universal transmitter can still be seen.

1. NOTE: During programming, the hand-held transmitter may automatically stop transmitting after 2 seconds, which may not be long enough to program the universal transmitter. If programming with this type of hand-held transmitter, continue to hold the button on the universal transmitter while pressing and releasing the hand-held transmitter button every 2 seconds.

Full Size Image
    At the same time, press the hand-held transmitter button and the desired button on the universal transmitter until the red light on the universal transmitter flashes first slowly, and then rapidly. Release both buttons when the rapid flashing begins.

davehop :
  • Firmly press and hold for 5 seconds and release the just-trained universal transmitter button up to 2 separate times to activate the garage door. If, after 2 separate times, the garage door still does not activate, press and hold the just-trained universal transmitter button and observe the red indicator light.

• If the red indicator light stays on constantly, the programming is complete and the device should activate when the universal transmitter button is pressed and released.

• If the red indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns to a constant light, carry out the Training a Garage Door Opener Equipped With "Rolling Codes" — Early Build procedure to complete the programming of a rolling code-equipped device (most commonly a garage door opener).

• davehop :

if this does not work, there is another procedure for vehicles built later in the year, I can send that if needed.

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

To clarify, how do I get this to show up on the nav screen?

davehop :

it doesn't use the nav screen, just the buttons on the visor.

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

where on the visor?

davehop :

do you not have 3 buttons on the drivers visor, above your head?

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

no

davehop :

then how do you want to to connect a remote to the car? Is this car equipped with a factory nav system, and homelink?

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

yes

davehop :

only vehicles equipped with the homelink set up can add a transmitter to the car, it will not connect to sync or the factory nav system.

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

huh is sync and nav different from homelink confussed

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

how do I know if I have homelink?

davehop :

yes its differant, homelink is just the visor equipped with a 3 button transmitter that can be programmed to operate 3 seperate remote devices, lights, opener, etc. It is not part of the sync or factory nav system. You may be able to purchase the visor from the dealer, it doe not require any special module. Its all integrated in the drivers visor.

JACUSTOMER-00chrv26- :

thanks I'll check on that

davehop
    davehop, Ford Technician
    davehop
    davehop
    davehop, Ford Technician