Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

how do you remove the negative battery clamp on a 2006 fusion?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

If you are refering to the clamp on the Battery & are trying to remove it from the battery:

If you have removed the 10mm nut & bolt, the clamp should be loose enough to wiggle off, if not spread the clamp with a flatblade where the bolt goes thru.

Otherwise there is a Battery Clamp removal tool thru Parts Store that lifts it off the battery

Edited by Lurch on 7/31/2010 at 4:59 PM EST
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

Please click ACCEPT to honor your commitment

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would not be asking for info if all I needed to do was remove the bolt. After removal I could not remove the clamp. I tried a little wd40, wiggling it, prying it,and it still will not come off. It rotates, as much as space allows ( Great place to put a battery FORD ) but will not slid off the post!!!
Expert:  Lurch replied 6 years ago.

sorry for the problem
If you will carefully inspect the clamp, you will see where the bolt goes thru, it sandwiches the clamp together. Use a flatblade to pry apart, otherwise use your flatblade & pry up under the clamp to remove from post
As stated, there is also a tool (like a puller) that will also remove

Please be sure to clean ALL WD40 off, prior to reconnection

graphic

Edited by Lurch on 7/31/2010 at 8:15 PM EST