Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

pinion..rack leak without any pressure..no flare no seals the button

Customer Question
I have 85 TBird rack...
I have 85 TBird rack & pinion new the line which come with the rack leak with out any pressure on them. I needer seen fitting like that no flare no seals, the buttom of where the fitting go's is flat a washer or cup type washer is in the hole buttom. how are these fitting sealed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2010
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 8 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
On the end that goes into the rack should be a white teflon oring that need to be installed to seal the rack that is common on most ford products.