Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1995 ford f-150: pickup..The serpentine belt fell..pulley..alternator…

Customer Question
I have a 1995 ford...
I have a 1995 ford f-150 pickup. The serpentine belt fell off as a result of the tnsioning pulley breaking off from the casting on the front of the engine block. What do you call that whole piece which contains the alternator bracket as well as smog punp and the tensioning pulley?
In addition if I can locate one in a Junk yard what tools are necessary and whats the proceedure to remove it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager replied 8 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
What engine is in your truck ?
Sorry ....It's a 5.0
Ok I will do some digging.
That's fine. i will probable get one from a bone yard. Do you have a diagram of the removal procedureshowing bolt size and location?
I am having trouble finding any good diagrams or pics due to the age.
Is there a written proceedure fro removing that casting?
I am looking, the problem is the age, on-line information is pretty weak.