Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ipr..old onesi tried to crank it this morning..about 20 seconds..dash…

Customer Question
Thx Ron so the ipr had...
Thx Ron
so the ipr had the screen broken and the end of it was oblong sort of distorted
the new dummy plugs were just a bit longer than the old ones

I tried to crank it this morning and it wouldn't but after about 20 seconds it flashed 'irc default' I think - it flashed something onthe dash that I have never seen.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron W., Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron W.
Ron W., Ford Technician

What you saw on the dash was most likely TBC fault (short for trailer brake controller) and of no issue with your engine concern.

The important thing with the IPR is that you got all of the pieces out of the cavity prior to installing the new one, but if you had the screen still on the end, then you are probably ok.

Were you able to understand my other questions and all the info in my long post from last night?