Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 focus: the alternator came..2.0 engine..mounting..studs

Customer Question
how does the alternator come...
how does the alternator come out on a 2006 focus 2.0 engine. does the mounting studs unscrew?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: Shawn, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician
HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. I am sending you instructions in pdf format on how to replace the alternator, hope this helps you out.

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Are the stud bolts reverse thread? Does the alt. come out the bottom?
HiCustomer

Thank you for the reply,

No, they are regular thread, and yes it would be easier to pull out from the underside of the vehicle.