Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1997 f150: 5.4l 4x4..belts good, but when I get into the throttle…

Customer Question
1997 f150 5.4l 4x4. I...
1997 f150 5.4l 4x4. I have an AC question. When the AC is on, it runs cold, pressures are good, F is good, belts good, but when I get into the throttle, the AC transitions from direct flow (forward frontal) to defrost. I'm guessing it's a vacuum issue but would like some feedback. This seems a common issue with many makes and models. If I back out of the throttle, the Air returns to the frontal position. Have any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Ford Technician

Yes I had this on my dodge. its the air door actuator. Here is replacement for it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0yldjjzbjvd

I agree. Very common, especially with GM. The PDF was helpful, but hard to see and read. I had a very important issue resolved this evening (by another rep) but the pdf doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to shift your answer into a text only resolve? I will try to work with the pdf but would appreciate some simple man instructions if OK. If I accept your instruction, do I have to pay again? Maybe you can see my account. I can't figure it from here.
I have sent your concern to the moderators.
Thanks Daniel. The pdf was difficult. I was however not sure about how I was allowed to ask another question with my single payment (for a previous question this evening). I received a message that said "thanx, you have been allowed to ask another". I can't afford any more charges. That's all. I'll have to check with my card.... as we speak.
Just take the info you have been given. your fine just dont accept if you do you will be charged again. you may have somethingin the form of a deposite but I will do a refund request in for you.
Thanks bud, i can't accept this answer for reasons above.