Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1998 ford: old one my engine acts like its going to jump out…

Customer Question
bought a new ignition coil...
bought a new ignition coil for a 1998 ford 150 there are no numbers on the new one . when i hook up like the old one my engine acts like its going to jump out. help'
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/29/2010
Ford Mechanic: Don, Ford Senior Master replied 8 years ago
Don
Don, Ford Senior Master
Chat Conversation Started
Don :

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX the truck running normal before the coil replace

Customer:

no after i drove it for 20 min it would start jerking if i didnt put it in nutral. it would die

Customer:

i should have told you when i come to a stop after 20 min. driving

Don :

you need to check the fuel pressure when this is happening. ford fuel pumps have a habit of looseing pressure when hot the working again when cold

Customer:

how do i check the fuel pressure

Don :

the is a valve on the side of the fuel rail. and you screw a fuel pressure gauge into the rail and start the truck

Don :