Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I keep getting an overboost code and now i got a p00266 code

Customer Question
I keep getting an over...
I keep getting an over boost code and now i got a p00266 code what does this mean
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: Earl, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Earl
Earl, Ford Technician

Hello

The information you recieved was correct, however just cleaning the turbo vanes will only result in this concern happening again. The best way to repair this concern is to have the turbo charger center housing replaced. The new center housing have a special coating to prevent the vanes from becoming corroded and binding up. What will basically need to be done is the turbo will be removed and disassembled and the center portion of the turbo will be replaced. Unfortunately this is not a cheap repair and will cost $1300 to $1400 to have done.