Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 f150 lariat: when I bought it it had 22 inch rims

Customer Question
I have a 2004 f150...
I have a 2004 f150 lariat, when I bought it it had 22 inch rims. The rear end messed up so I replaced, now the 2nd rear end is messing up What do i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager replied 8 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
What is "messed up" ? Is it noisy, have you taken anything apart yet? Are you using stock wheels, can I have a VIN # ?

The rear end has alot of play in it. When i start off it knocks while trying to turn until it catches. i just wanted to know if the rims did it. The stock rims are now back on.

Is this limited slip??? If you are not sure can I have a VIN # ? I will be back in about an hour to check...dinner break.

Yes. I will have to give the VIN to you later, sorry. Also, before the rear end catches it takes away from acceleration.
You describe a pretty typical issue...actually 2 different issues. Need the VIN # XXXXX I will be here all day Tuesday and everyday this week on and off.