Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 Ford Expedition: battery light came..the alternator has it..fuses

Customer Question
I drive a 1999 Ford...
I drive a 1999 Ford Expedition, the battery light came on on Friday, today it is dead. Took the alternator had it tested, it is good, battery is charged and holding a charge.... The parts guy said look at the fuses or the voltage regulator. But as I bought this car used I do not have the owners manual... Anyone know where this voltgage regulator is at on this car? Thanks for any help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello

Customer:

Hello there

Customer:

hoping you might be able to point us in the right direction

Ron :

There are 2 fuse to check, the #11, 20 amp in the under hood panel and the #16, 30 amp in the under dash panel, you also need to make sure that the black/orange, the red and the lite green/reds wire all have 12 volts while running at the connector on the alternator. See the enclosed diagram. Check them and let me know.

Full Size Image