Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mustang: garage..noisy..no acceleration anymore (like too much air)

Customer Question
hi everybody driving out of my...
hi everybody
driving out of my garage, the engine of my mustang (2006, 4.6) stopped working properly. very noisy, no acceleration anymore (like too much air). this was four weeks ago. my mechanics/dealers don't know what it is, can't explan it - literally are helpless. this car isn't officially imported in switzerland, so no chance of getting help from ford (switzerland). my mechanic says that the engine only is working on four cylinders but has no idea at all why. is somebody able to help me - i know not very much details, but maybe this problem has occured to s.o. yet...
anyway, thank for all your leads and suggestions!
from switzerland: anita
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager replied 8 years ago
EMRSR
EMRSR, Master Certified Service Manager
Can I have a VIN # ? Are any warning lights on? Were they able to scan it for any codes ? Which sensor?
sorry, have to ask my mechanic tomorrow. that is - since it is 10.30 pm now - not before 9 am tuesday.
Ok, keep me posted, 3:35 pm here
i will. thank you anyway!
I will be on all day tomorrow.
hello again

now... this is going to be difficult for me to translate in english. my mechanic doesn't know what a vin is, neither do i. he says the problem is this. the cylinder bank on the right hand side does not ignite. injection is alright but not the ignitation. the ford-tester (from ford switzerland which does not sell or import mustangs actually) said that the right sensor of the camshaft/crankshaft is not working. they changed it. that did not help. no other findings. the engine and everything seems optically okay. but the right cylinders aren't working. the mechanic has orderder a special book in the us (ages ago!!!) to check detailed the valve timing. that also seems okay as far as the information in some "cheaper" books of ford is correct. that's about everything i was able to find out. i hope the translation is correct and this is comprehensible.

looking forward to receiving your "ideas"... thank you!
The VIN # XXXXX XXXXX 17 digit metal tag on the dash top on the drivers side. It can be seen thru the windshield.
The VIN # XXXXX XXXXX 17 digit metal tag on the dash top on the drivers side. It can be seen thru the windshield. It

It can also be got off the tag in the drivers door jam.

graphicgraphic

i see, this vin seems to be vital. so i have to call my mechanics again tomorrow morning... sorry about that!
It gives me all the data on the vehicle, any field service reports that Ford has and much more. Just let me know.
i will!
ok
the number in the front window says 1zvht85h765229968.
Ok great, that gives me a bunch to look at, also could you get the code number they got when the used the Ford test scanner on it ?
no, sorry. they did not write the code number down, only wrote down what it meant: the camshaft sensor on the right is defect. but that wasn't the problem actually.
Ok. I can work with that.

I have some thoughts on what they need to look at. Is this the part they replaced?

graphic

no that hasn't been changed.

but he remembered the error codes! p0012 und p0016. and the problem is that he hasn't a book with the codes under 100. his starts with the error codes from p0100 up. do you have a guidance for the error codes below 100?
Hi Anita, let me see if I can get that.
this account has been closed. but i never received an answer from you. can you tell me why? are you still working on my problem, are you looking for the error codes or am i waiting and being charged in vain?
I am awaiting answers from those in Europe...what you gave me I have nothing to work with...so sorry...I will opt out here...no $ to me and u will not be charged.
europe? why that? i imported my car from the us in 2006. they do not sell it here in europe... so these codes does not exist? bravo! thanks anyway.
Sorry.