Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F150: What would the part that needs to be ordered

Customer Question
Someone broke into my 01...
Someone broke into my 01 f150 by punching in my driver door key tumbler. What would the part that needs to be ordered?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: Shawn, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
Shawn
Shawn, Auto Service Technician

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate event you will have to contact your local Ford Dealer for the replacement part, in order to change out the tumbler you will have to remove the door handle, I am sending you instructions on how to do so, (see below) hope this helps you out.

Door Lock Cylinder

Removal

NOTE: Individual lock cylinders are repaired by discarding the inoperative cylinder and building a new lock cylinder using the appropriate lock repair package. The lock repair package includes a detailed instruction sheet to build the new lock cylinder to the current key code of the vehicle.

1. Remove the drivers door exterior handle.
  2. Remove the door lock cylinder.
  3. Remove the spring clip.
  4. Remove the door lock cylinder.

graphic

Installation

1. NOTE: Make sure the lock release rod is not preloading the latch. It should be clipped in a relaxed state with no slack.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. I have sent the information you have requested, if you have any more questions let me know, if not please don't forget to click on the accept button so that I may get credit for my work, thanks.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The part number you are referring to is 7CZ3(NNN) NNN-NNNNA