Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford escape: the starter sound like does not catch the fly wheel

Customer Question
I had ford escape 2005...
I had ford escape 2005 . When I start the starter sound liek does not cach the fly wheel and not get start.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Ford Mechanic: John Mc, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Chat Conversation Started
John Mc :

If the starter is just "whirring" you probably just have a bad starter. The solonoid on the starter may not be kicking out the starter gear. To repair you will need to replace the starter.

John Mc :

Thanks,
John Mc

If you still have follow ups please ask and I will be glad to assist.

JACUSTOMER-gwb24g72- :

I cannot find the starter.Can you help ?

John Mc :

Yes, give me just a minute... I believe it is on the top of the transmission but let me check to make sure. We don't see a whole lot of the 2.3 escapes.

JACUSTOMER-gwb24g72- :

thank you

JACUSTOMER-gwb24g72- :

My espa isXXXXX

John Mc :

The starter is on the front of the engine right behind the radiator, good thing I checked :)

John Mc :

I am posting the instructions on how to replace, please give me just a minute.

John Mc :

Click here for instructions

John Mc :

Thanks,
John Mc

John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician

i cannot found starter.

Is your truck a hybrid?
cannot find starter.
Is your truck a hybrid???
suv

Can you post your vin so I can see if your truck is a hybrid?

1FMYU92Z65KD86079

Refer to these instructions, Click here for instructions, this shows the location of the starter on the front side of the engine where the trans and engine meet. Like I said, it is directly behind the radiator on the engine, directly down from the throttle body.

Thanks,

John Mc

For reference you have a 2.3 non hybrid escape.

YES
Ok???

cANYOU LET ME HOW T REPLACE IT

Click on the link that says "Click here"

Here it is again

Click here for instructions