Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

92 Ford Thunderbird: automatic..Circuit..the engine compartment is…

My automatic seatbelts are not...
My automatic seatbelts are not working on my 92 Ford Thunderbird. Circuit breaker in the engine compartment is good (I checked it with an ohm meter). Both sides were working, then suddenly both are in the forward position. Is there a control module for the passive seatbelts? Why would both stop working at the same time?
6/28/2010
Don
Don, Ford Senior Master
hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX check fuse E (40 amp) under the hood. if that fuse is ok then most likely it is the control module. the module is in the trunk on the drivers side.
Don
Don, Ford Senior Master

I checked the fuse and replaced the control module. Still nogo. Any suggestions?

Also, please provide me a wiring diagram for troubleshooting.

this is a very simple system the fuse and wire power the module which powers the motors. at the module disconnect the connector and test the yellow wire for power with a test light. to see if power is going to the module