Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 ford explorer: battery..ck..motor by grounding the starter relay

Customer Question
2005 ford explore 4.0 motor...
2005 ford explore 4.0 motor will not start with key has new batter starter relay all fuse ck good starter will turn over motor by grounding the starter relay but will not start . started one time and then died then would not start with key.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/27/2010
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 8 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello!

SO does the engine crank over and not start or does it not even crank over?

Any security lights on the dash?

no it will not turn over yes the red light is on like it all ways is
SO the red light is not blinking? IT is just on steady?

no it is blink

SO it blinks? Is it a fast blink or a slow blink? Both with the key on and off?
Are there any codes in the computer?

no codes both key do the same thing i have ck the ignition swith . i have ck the dtr switch. i have ck the pats system. and have ck the anti theft system

So the theft light is flashing with the key on?
i have ck all of the systems i am done to the pcm or computer