Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 ford explorer limited: my ac will not come on..minutes later…

Customer Question
The power to my ac...
The power to my ac will not come on. it is a 2003 ford explorer limited. it went off then came back on minutes later now will not powe on? any ideas or where main power wire is?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/27/2010
Ford Mechanic: Don, Ford Senior Master replied 8 years ago
Don
Don, Ford Senior Master
Chat Conversation Started
Don :

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have the digital display control head. if so do any of the lights come on

Customer:

i believe so it has the digital lights and dual ac and nothing comes on

Customer:

the rear ac still works

Don :

ok we need to check some fuses first. in the interior fuse panel. 7, 10, 16 and 30

Customer:

where is fuse panel?

Don :

it is under the dash on the drivers side

Customer:

ok i have to go 6 flrs down give me a min

Don :

ok

Customer:

the fuses are fine.

Customer:

no

Don :

the only way to know if it is the wires or the control head is to check for power at the back of the control head. most likely it is the control head but not knowing if there is power I can not say for sure

Customer:

ball park how much is a control head?

Customer:

where are the wires going to control head?

Don :

for the dual a/c between $250 and $400. they are not cheap

Don :

yes the wire go into the back of the control head