Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Air through..winter..switches from heat to air and vice versa…

Customer Question
My ac/heater is not switching...
My ac/heater is not switching I had air through the middle of winter before it switched to heat now it wont switch back to air.....Ppl have suggested the door that switches from heat to air and vice versa where would this door be located and how do I get to it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/27/2010
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Chris (aka- Moose) :

This is most likely a faulty blend door actuator, after accessing it you can see if the actuator is fualty when tested in hand and you can see if the door is faulty by manually turning it by hand. Download the ford steps here

Customer:

What is the possibility of it being the temperature control switch??

Chris (aka- Moose) :

We rarely ever have climate control head temp control switches fail!

Customer:

could the door be faulty from a leaking heater core I had a coolant smell in the cab last fall then it went away?

Chris (aka- Moose) :

The door nor actuator should be effected from a heater core leak if there was one.

Customer:

does it sound as if I had a small leak due to the odor? and how hard is it to replace if need be

Chris (aka- Moose) :

If you had a leak, it would not cure itself on its on and you would notice coolant in the floor and the amount of coolant would gradually increase. if you need a heater core then the complete dash has to be removed, about a 8 hour job for a tech.

Customer:

okay thank you. You have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate your time

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Your welcome, if this is all thats needed please hit accept so I get credit for assisting you.

Customer:

gladly

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Your welcome