Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My shifter bushing being bad my new question is who do i

i talked to you the...
i talked to you the other day about my shifter bushing being bad my new qeastion is hwo do i replasce the shifter tub
6/27/2010
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

The shifter cable snaps onto the end of the steering column and the cable is attached to the column with a release tab. Use a pocket screwdriver, flat blade, and on one side you will see a small hole, push the screwdriver through the hole and push the cable assembly up to release it from the bracket.

It is a little hard to reach it. It is better to put 2 nuts back on the column bracket to hold it up so you can slide under the dash to release the cable from the bracket.

ok after that i shoud be able to move the colum uot

Yes. have you disconnected all the electrical connectors?

Ignition switch and clock spring connectors for the air bag and the horn switches?

electrical yes ignition switch yes dont know about the others

If all the connectors are undone, then the column should come out.
A. Penland
thanks if i have problems i will contect back

I'll be on here for a little while. Just reply back on this page. You do not have to open another question. And you only have to accept once. We can talk back and forth till your problem is fixed.

Edited by APenland on 6/27/2010 at 1:34 AM EST