Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1984 Ford F150: dash lights..solenoid it turns..wont crank..gets stuck…

Customer Question
My 1984 Ford F150 will...
My 1984 Ford F150 will not turn over or click at all,<u><strong>No lights or dash lights either</strong></u>.But now if i try to cross it at the solenoid it turns over but wont crank. Some times it gets stuck turning over too.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2010
Ford Mechanic: Daniel, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Daniel, Ford Technician

graphicI have read your other question also. When you do a a complete seering column replacement. you are into the ignition. Yes this could be a seperate issue but my gut feeling say you didnt reconnect something or your ignition connection became disconnected why you did your work. as it started when it was all off I bet it happened when you were putting it all back together. I believe you said the ip wasnt coming on either. This could be a disconnection also. If it were a fuse i will include this info so you can check them.

This is the fuse block and info if its not a fuse ( check all you never know). get under there and look for wires disconnected and connections or shorted out wires or crimped or piched wires.

Edited by Daniel on 6/26/2010 at 11:56 PM EST
Thanks. I am sorry it took a while for someone to get to you but I picked you up as soon as I seen you had some wait.
thats cool,i just really need to figure something out on this truck it has been a mess.Another guy done this mess and now i have to figure it out.
Been there done that. Let me know if you need any thing like rand r for a steering column.
yea if i could get a diagram from the column or where the grounds are that would be sweet
ok brb just grabbed a bit to eat with daughters.
ima look at the truck and ill hit u back.ima try to figure out how to read this diagram
media fire is a free down load sometimes you pc isnt set up to view right away so just click on save and you can go to your documents to read it.