Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 Ford F-150: I Get a remote keyless entry programed

Customer Question
Why can't I Get a...
Why can't I Get a remote keyless entry programed on my 2000 Ford F-150. I have tried turning the ignition on and off 10 times in 8 seconds doesn't work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2010
Ford Mechanic: CTFordTech, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician

Hello and Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your question today.

The procedure to do the remote is 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in the on position and the locks should lock and unlock. It is the off position to the on position, not accessory.

I tried this at Ford dealer with Parts guy did not work.
If that does not work, I believe you may have a bad Remote Theft Module.
Relist: Answer quality.
What answer are you looking for, I am very confused?
Relist: Answer quality.
Ford Mechanic: chris, Ford Mechanic replied 8 years ago
chris
chris, Ford Mechanic

Hi there

If your truck was built with remote fobs , then you are programing the remotes correct,, but sometimes the modules will go into a sleep mode and will not accept new remotes,, you have to wake them up and then they will work ,, try this ,, remove the negative battery cable from the battery for 60 min , and then put it back into place,, get into the truck and work the door locks a couple times with the door lock switch on the drivers door and then do your 8 times with the key ,, the door lock will jump up and down when you are in the mode to accept a remote and once you push any button on a remote the door locks will jump up and down again to confirm the remote is programed ...

if this does not work then your do have a problem with the system

tell me what you find we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

chris
chris, Ford Mechanic