Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

98 ford mustang: My odometer and trip meter and radio light..v6…

Customer Question
My odometer and trip meter...
My odometer and trip meter and radio light stopped working on my 98 ford mustang conv v6
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2010
Ford Mechanic: Lurch, Ford Cert. replied 8 years ago
Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.

Check voltage on "both" sides of Fuse 13 in the Instrument Panel Fuse Box
Check Fuse also
If Fuse good & voltage on both sides of fuse, remove Radio & test for Voltage on the Light Blue / Red wire in Radio Plug with Lights & Dash Dimmer on High
No voltage,, you will need to test at Dimmer Switch
If there is Voltage, replace Bulbs

I am mostly concerned about the odometer and trip meter. The odometer and trip meter and radio lights went out the same time. I will not accept this answer. I need to know about the odometer and trip meter

Then you did not understand the procedure or wish to repair..............

This is all on "ONE" Circuit

Check Fuse also
If there is Voltage, replace Bulbs

If you are unable to perform the test, have someone familiar with this type test complete the job

I have NO Voltage on either side on fuse 13

If you have Headlights & Inside Lights, then you need to test the Light Blue / Red wire coming from the Headlight Switch with Switch On & Dimmer on High

If there is No Voltage on the Light Blue / Red wire, then the Headlight Switch is bad, as Fuse # XXXXX gets Voltage from the Headlight Switch & Illuminates the Lighting

Be sure there is NO Aftermarket Equipment tied into the Light Blue / Red wires

Will this fix my odometer and trip meter? Everything works except the odometer and trip meter and light on radio. You never say anything about the odometer and trip meter

You have asked this question twice & since I am not there to "see" exactly what the problem is, I can only give you what I have done in the past & info from Ford Manual.
I haven't a clue if this will fix the Odometer & Trip Meter as there can be other Components that can cause the same problem.
I can only assume what will work
I have asked you to check the Circuit to the Light Switch & at the Light Switch.

I will OPT Out of this question & Relist it for you
Please do not respond, as it will LOCK this Question
Hope you find the problem

Relist: Incomplete answer.
He was rude. I asked about my odometer and trip meter not working. He only talked the dimmer switch and light in radio. When I asked for further info. He got rude. I did everything he said to do. And I still don't have answer. I also asked for a wiring diagram to try and understand what he was trying to say. I would still like the wiring diagram and an answer more clearly explained. Thank you