Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Remove passenger mirror for replacement 2004 expedition eddie bauer…

Customer Question
how to remove passenger mirror...
how to remove passenger mirror for replacement 2004 expedition eddie bauer
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2010
Ford Mechanic: John Mc, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Chat Conversation Started
John Mc :

Hi, I am John Mc, a Ford dealer technician.
I hope I can help solve your problem quickly and accurately.

Please wait a moment while I work on your problem.

John Mc :

First you have to remove the door panel then you can remove the mirror. I am posting instructions for both.

Click here for door panel
Click here for mirror

If this answer has been helpful to you please help me by accepting. This is how I receive credit for my efforts in helping you!

Thanks,

John Mc

If you still have follow ups please ask and I will be glad to assist.

Customer:

Alternatively I'd like to try to remove the metal post that goes inside the mirror housing. I believe if I can get the housing off the post (broken from the base) I can JB weld it back on and reattach the mirror. Thoughts

John Mc :

You can try but I have seen where many customers have tried and failed to repair these mirrors. Good luck with it!

Please don't forget to accept as this is how I receive credit for helping you today.

Customer:

Do you have a suggestion on how to remove the cap ring that holds the metal post inside the housing of the mirror.

John Mc :

Sorry but no, whenever I have a problem with one I replace the whole unit. If cost is what you are trying to avoid then you could try some local salvage yards and maybe this will help.

Customer:

I will press accept, but not impressed with your help. anyone can forward two pdf files.

John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician

You asked how to remove a mirror and I gave that information. Not just anyone has access to the files that I supplied!

Edited by John Mc on 6/26/2010 at 10:40 PM EST