Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 Ford F150: I replace a fuel filter..clips..hose..connectors…

Customer Question
How do I replace a...
How do I replace a fuel filter for a 1999 Ford F150? I'm having trouble getting the stainless steel clips back in the hose connectors.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/26/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Hello

Ron :

Are you refering to the small round clips that go into the fittings?

Customer:

Yes.

Ron :

The locking clips are not supposed to be removed and if they where they are likely damaged. You are going to need to replace them, most part stores will have them in stock, once you have them, they should slide right in and allow you to install the line.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.

Customer:

I will buy new ones. Can I contact you if I run into trouble? Thanks,

Ron :

You sure can, just return to this question. You welcome.

Customer:

Do you have a source for purchasing the stainless steel clips? I have had a hard time finding just the clips.

Ron :

I get them here in mu CarQuest store. The local NAPA store sells them as well. You local Ford dealer will stock them to.