Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford: oil pressure in my 4.6 2v engine..aluminum..block..oil pump…

Customer Question
why can't I build oil...
why can't I build oil pressure in my 4.6 2v engine? The motor is a ford racing aluminum block with the cobra oil pump and pick up tube. The motor is fully built from the oil pan to the intake. And no matter what I do I cant build oil pressure
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/27/2010
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Chris (aka- Moose) :

Your going to need to remove the oil pump which is going to require engine removal. Then see if sealer is blocking the input or opuput and see if the drive gear inside is cracked or broken. next you will need to air test the output to see if there is lash adjuster leaks or main and rod bearing leaks.