Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 FORD: AIR CONDITIONING..flush lines, vac and recharged

Customer Question
2006 FORD CROWN VIC POLICE...
2006 FORD CROWN VIC POLICE - NEED AIR CONDITIONING EXPERT ONLY PLEASE - A/C building up pressure and compressor going off - Replaced condenser, drier and orifice tube, flushed lines, vac and recharged - Still building up too much pressure and compressor is turning off - What are we missing here???
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: John Mc, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
Chat Conversation Started
John Mc :

Is the high side pressure getting too high and thus the switch is turning off the compressor?

At idle with a/c on, gauges reading 30-35 low, 240-250 high, apply RPM and low side sucks down and low pressure switch cuts compressor off. Add a little freon, low side goes to 40 and high side goes to 275, apply RPM and high pressure builds up and compressor kicks off.

Ok is the cooling fan on whenever you have the ac on?

Yes, roaring it's ass off

Ok here is something to look at. It is actually quite common with police cars. Remove the black cover that covers the radiator and condensor... the piece that goes all the way across. Now check if the radiator is clogged up with grass seed. Yes grass seed! I have had several trooper cars over the years that do this from making u turns in the grass. It cuts the airflow and the cooling fan cannot pull enough air through to cool the condenser. Sounds like this is the only thing left. If this is it remove the radiator and use a water hose and an air blower to clean it out. Also use your blower to blow from the rear to the front of the condenser to clean those coils out.

Let me know what you find.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask, it's what I'm here for!

-

If this answer has been helpful please accept so I can receive payment. Feedback is very

important to me so please leave accurate feedback for others to see my job performance.

-

Thank you,

John Mc

JustAnswer Expert

John Mc
John Mc, Ford Technician
OK. We'll give this a try. Thx for your help.

You're welcome.