Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 Ford Crown Victoria: car starts..shifter..shift gears..once I put…

Customer Question
I have a 1999 Ford...
I have a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria and I cant get the car out of park. The car starts, but I can't get the shifter to work. I have gotten it to shift gears before, but once I put it in park it just sticks. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron Z., - Ford Tech - replied 8 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Can you tell me if the rear brake lights are working when you step on the brake pedal?

actually...no the brake lights arent working and neither are my turn signals

Ok. You are going to need to replace the Brake Light Switch. This switch is what links all these symptoms together. Replacing this switch should solve all your problems. It's located at the top of the brake pedal arm, under the driver's side dash.

graphic

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

CAN I HAVE THE FUSE DIAGRAM FOR A 1999 CROWN VICTORIA PLZ

THERE ARE TWO RED WIRES HANGING OUT BY THE FUSE PANEL. AND THE WIRES WERE CONNECTED TO A FUSE...KIND OF RIGGED... AND BECAUSE THE WIRES BECAME DISCONNECTED FROM THE FUSE THE CAR WONT START NOW.

Unfortunately, I do not have that information here. May I suggest you start another thread and get a Ford Tech that has more info in regards XXXXX XXXXX systems.