Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Explorer: I lost my extra keyless fob controls for my keychain…

Customer Question
I lost my extra keyless...
I lost my extra keyless fob controls for my keychain. I am trying to reset the new fob
I have a 2005 Explorer.

The number on the old is F8DB15K601-BA

new is 2L2T 15N601-BA

How can I code the new fob?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 8 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING

NOTE:

• All remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.
  • Programming of the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a diagnostic tool or by carrying out the following steps:
  1. The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering program mode using the RKE transmitter, RKE keypad (if equipped) or door lock control switch while the driver door is open.
  2. Turn the key from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds , with the eighth turn ending in RUN. If the module has successfully entered the program mode, it locks and then unlocks all doors.
  3. Within 20 seconds , press any button on a RKE transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each RKE transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.
  4. If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification. Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters are attempted to be programmed.
  5. Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
    • The key transitions to the OFF position.
    • 20 seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
    • The maximum number of RKE transmitters have been programmed.

NOTE:

Thank you,..... I did this exact same thing with one remote in hand and the other in the house. Then switch remotes tried to do the second remote (one in hand the other in the house.....did not work!

HOLDING BOTH IN MY HAND AT THE SAME TIME DID WORK.

Thank you,

Ron F

if this was helpful please hit accept