Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2001 Ford Focus: ive taken it to four mechanics.

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Ford...
I have a 2001 Ford Focus. I have a problem that noone seems to know how to fix. I've taken it to four mechanics. It keeps overheating. I've replaced the fan, the thermostat, and several other things. It's in the shop right now and the mechanic says that it keeps blowing fuses and they can't figure out why. Can you help us pinpoint the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: tundra_fats, Auto Service Technician replied 8 years ago
tundra_fats
tundra_fats, Auto Service Technician

Do you have an aftermarket stereo or remote start with a car alarm? I would start doing voltage drop tests with a multi-meter and just start checking the systems you are having problems.