Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

85 F-150: wont run..The fuel pump doesnt kick on..only getting

Customer Question

My 85 F-150 won't run. The fuel pump doesn't kick on with the switch, and it is only getting one spark when you turn it over. I shut it off one day and it never ran after that. What could it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Is this truck carb or FI?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
FI
Expert:  Tim West replied 8 years ago.
Sounds like a problem with maybe an EEC power relay a computer or some wiring..
Check for battery voltage on the solid Red wire that goes to the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC). This is the same wire that powers up the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) at pins 37 and 57 from the EEC power relay and feeds power to the primary side of the fuel pump relay. If there is no voltage, check the Yellow wire that feeds the relay. This should be hot at all times and comes from fuse link N at the starter relay.
Can you try this? graphic
Under RH Side Of I/P