Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

90 f150: that I removed the 6 cyl (5sp)..wiring

Customer Question
Have an 89 F150 that...
Have an 89 F150 that I removed the 6 cyl (5sp) and replaced it with a 90 F150 5.0 (AOD). The finished truck has 90 5.0 with 89 5sp.
Used the 90 underhood wiring harnass and computer. [The 89 has an extra hi-press. fuel pump, that the 90 did not have] Both 89 and 90 are daul tank.] The front tank is the 89 with low press pump and the rear tank is the 90 hi press pump,
We started the 89 5.0, 5sp and it ran fine using the 89 6 cyl hi-press pump - except when we switched over to the front tank, the high press would not work and the engine stopped. We replaced the fuel slector switch new from ford - no change. Later we installed the headlights and they only come on when the 6 cyl hi-press fuel pump is running. The truck drives fine but new headlight switch or dimmer have no control over head lights (only parking lights). Question; can someone provide the pin configuration of the round firewall plug for both 89 and 90 F150 - or maybr identify which wires need to be relocated in the plug to fix our problem? thanks, XXXXX [email protected]

The front tank and hi-press pump in the 89 6 cyl was running the trucl - the back tank and fuel select switch were not working.
The rear tank with new hi-press in-tank pump was running the 90 5.0 truck - the front tank was disconnected and non working.
The current 89 has it's orginal front tank and hi-press fuel pump, and the 90 rear tank installed in the 89.
When the ignition switch is turned on the hi-pressure frame pump turns on for a couple seconds to pressurize the line (and the headlights also come on for those couple seconds), when the pump syops the headlights go out - when the truck starts the headlights come back on as long as the truck is running.

NEED wiring for round firewall plug for 89 F150 for both 6cyl and 5.0 - can someone please help??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Relist: No answer yet.
Relist: No answer yet.
Answered in 28 days by:
7/24/2010
Ford Mechanic: al-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
al-mod

Hi, I'm a Moderator here at Just Answer and will try to help you get an answer as you have been waiting for awhile. The response rate on Just Answer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions do go un-answered. Some of the common reasons found on some questions are:

1. The question is unclear.

2. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.

3. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained online.

4. And sometimes, there just may not be an Expert available who feels they have the proper experience to reply.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you.

Al,

Thanks for the first email response.

My question is not complex - all I need is the wiring schematic for the round plug (on "Wiring Assembly 12A581") that goes to/ through the firewall (the pin-out description and wire colors on the under hood side of the connector for 1989 F150, 5.0, 5 speed, with dual tanks). That would be one drawing from the 1989 Ford, Light Duty truck "Electrical Vacuume and Troubleshooting Manual" (referenced in "Volume A" of the 1989 "Truck Shop Manual")

If that is too hard for your Ford "EXPERTS" please refund your charge to my credit card.

V/R

bob