Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It after it warms up.and when i accelerate and when i...it...its…

Customer Question
my car is making a...
my car is making a noise like "when you sqeeze balloon,and it makes that noise?"and it only does it after it warms up.and when i accelerate and when i shut the car off.it makes the noise for only like 2 seconds or less.its not a consistant noise but it happens at least once a day,like off and on.i thought it was my belt but when i shut the car down,it does it after the motor stops and the air is being released
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 8 years ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

If this is a sort of hooting type noise it is usually caused by the idle air control solenoid beginning to wear. The plunger and valve bore wear and the the valve oscillates in the bore causing the noise at certain rpms and airflows through the valve. A mechanics stethoscope can usually pinpoint it to the valve.