Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 92 t bird sc it seams the fuel pump..sensor..check first

Customer Question
i have a 92 t...
i have a 92 t bird sc it seams the fuel pump is not working it only has 52000 miles is there a sencer someware to to check first
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

What kind of a problem are you having?

it quite running the fuel pump is not pumping

Ok it is very possible it is a fuel pump problem since you verified no fuel pressure and the pump is not running. We will need to check the circuit first as it may be the inertia switch or relay. First make sure that the inertia switch did not trip. The switch is located behind the driver panel in the side trunk area. Next check the 30 amp fuse for the fuel pump/relay in the front power box. The relay is near the inertia switch. You can see if you have power on the black/yellow and white wires on the relay connector. Then jump the clack/yellow and the pink/black wires to see if the pump runs. Click on the link.

Locations