Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 ford: the low ac port..cargo van

Customer Question
where is the low ac...
where is the low ac port on a 2003 ford E150 cargo van can't find it and need to charge.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/24/2010
Ford Mechanic: Steve, Service Manager replied 8 years ago
Steve
Steve, Service Manager

Hello!

If my memory is correct, I believe the low pressure service port on this model is located above the air cleaner housing near the center of the firewall, facing downwards. If you remove the air cleaner and intake duct, and feel around in the area above where it was mounted, you should find the service port by following the A.C hose that passes through there. It is not the easiest thing to locate, easier by feel rather than by sight.

there are no ac hoses going through that area is it around the compressor or another area
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Different tech here, you will find your low side port on the accumulator to evaporator line near the accumulator which is under the battery tray. You can see the images below to help.

graphicgraphic

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician