Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1998 Ford Escort ZX2: Drier..removing..shorting..plug wires..engage…

Customer Question
I have a 1998 Ford...
I have a 1998 Ford Escort ZX2,I am trying to recharge the airconditioner, but I can't get the compressor to start. The Fuze is good, I tried bypassing the switch in the Drier by removing the plug and shorting the plug wires. Is there something else that I can bypass to get the compressor to engage?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/24/2010
Ford Mechanic: JHoop, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Ford Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

The CCRM is bad.

This is a common problem for that model.

It is the small black box under the air cleaner housing.

If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged, but I don't get credit! Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you! Thanks, JHoop
JHoop
JHoop, Ford Technician
I looked under the air cleaner tube assembly but din't find a bkac box.... can you be a little more specific as to it's size? Does it have a able to it?
I found out what the CCRM is and have eyeballed it! Thank you very much!

graphic
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need to go to the Junk Yard and see if I can find one.
DO NOT DO THAT.
There are several updated parts for the CCRM.

Dealer parts are recommended for this repair.