Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 ford freestar: money already and everything still the same

Customer Question
I'm haveing lots of problems...
I'm haveing lots of problems with my 2004 ford freestar engine missing I replaced lot's of parts cost me alot of money already and every thing still the same as before I took it in to get fixed what do I do now
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/24/2010
Ford Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
Is there a check engine light on?

the check engine light still comes on for about ten minutes and goes out again

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a good indication that a misfire is being detected or a sensor is failing,.
It's very important to scan the vehicle for codes to see if anything is stored. This can be very helpful in diagnosis. I am not sure where in Canade will scan codes free, but many parts stores here in Texas will.
In the meantime, what are the problems you are having as specific as possible.
when I'm driving the engine starts missing a lot it's like it's not getting enough fuel if I let back on the gas a bit then it picks up again and some times when I come to a stop light it stalls .. And I took it in today again to scan for codes after $110.00 they said there are no codes but they said they could try more things but no garntee it would make a diffrance
Wow, so the shop couldn't catch the codes in time?

This condition may be the result of carbon contamination in the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) ports in the lower intake manifold.
Remove the vacuum hose to the EGR valve, cap off hose, and increase engine RPM off idle to determine if the condition is corrected.
If Step 2 corrects the condition with the EGR disconnected, remove the upper intake manifold ONLY and inspect EGR ports for carbon contamination. If contamination is present that could disrupt EGR flow (some contamination is normal), clean all ports using a pick and solvent.
Can you try this and get back to me?
in july 2010 I started to take apart my 2004 ford freestar and I found out that the problem I had been having had nothing to do with Exhaust gas. the ignition coil was cracked and got wet on the inside I put on a new ignition coil and problem solved.
Ford Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Glad you found the problem.