Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1996 Ford Explorer: AWD...in-tank fuel pump shut..clogged…

Customer Question
I have a 1996 Ford...
I have a 1996 Ford Explorer 5.0 AWD. The in-tank fuel pump shut down because of clogged fuel filter. I replaced the fuel filter, still does not start. I found a blown diode next to the fuel pump relay. Does this indicate that the relay is also blown? what else should I check in the fuel pump circuit?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/24/2010
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Ron :

Lets start with checking the #12 fuse in the under hood fuse panel and if it checks ok take a 12 volt test light and check for 12 volts on the red and the Lite blue/orange wires at the fuel pump relay. Let me know.

Full Size Image