Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford escort: the engine is warm the 1.cylinder is stocking..Cylinder…

Customer Question
Hello! Ford escort, 1997 lx...
Hello! Ford escort, 1997 lx. When the car is working or the engine is warm the 1.cylinder is stocking. Cylinder work some time and then stop. Plugs - ok, wires-ok, coil-ok, vacuum hose-ok, tappet valves are new, elect. connections -ok. Is it necessary to remove the head to fix this problem or there is mybe another solution? If I will need set gasket where can I buy it? If I will need valves where can I buy it? Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/25/2010
Ford Mechanic: Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hamman
Dr. Hamman, Ford Technician
You need to perform a compression test on the engine to see if the engine has internal problems. If the pressure is much lower on the dead cylinder then the valves or other internal parts have problems. Also look at the fuel injectors and switch fuel injector to 1 cylinder from 4 cylinder and see if 1 cylinder operates with different injector. If you switch 1 and 4 injector, and 4 cylinder is dead and 1 cylinder works, you know injector is bad. Try switch injectors and do compression test all 1, 2l, 3 ,4 cylinders. If compression good then no internal damage to engine.

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.

Hello!

Thank You for answer. I have one more question. Where can I buy intake valves and exhaust valves for 1997 ford escort LX? Please the company name and adress.

Thank You

Zdravko Lackovic

Try Rock auto in the US.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1119361&parttype=5544&a=FRc1119361k1815140-1025947

There are a lot of places in the UK where you can get the parts too.