Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 expedition: buy to replace the entire air conditioning unit…

Customer Question
What do I need to...
What do I need to buy to replace the entire air conditioning unit in a 2004 expedition?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/23/2010
Ford Mechanic: Tim West, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tim West
Tim West, ASE Certified Technician
Thanks for visiting Just Answer,
Do you want to know every part in the a/c system? Or just what you should replace when you need a compressor or something. What is the issue?
I was told that the compressor was gone, there was a blockage in it, the bearings were shot and there was a crack in the part that holds the freon
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX no need to replace the whole system but I would recommend replacing the
-Compressor
-reciever/ drier
-Expansion Valve
-Be sure to get an a/c seals with the parts and a/c compressor oil
I was told there was a "kit" that I can get that replaces what I need to replace. Any idea what that is?
Some places to offer a kit that includes all of this. I know Four Seasons Radiator sells a kit like this. So does NAPA if you have one in the area.