Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Get transmission fluid my 2002 explorer ?

Customer Question
get transmission fluid my 2002 explorer ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chat Conversation Started
Chris (aka- Moose) :

Can you explain a little better what you need to do?
This is all your post says "get transmission fluid my 2002 explorer ?"

Customer:

i just need to get enough fluid to get to a technition where or how do i put it. its not shifting right away how far can i go like that?

Chris (aka- Moose) :

To add fluid to this transmission you need to remove the center drain plug in the pan of the transmission and squirt fluid up into this hold until it runs back out in a fast drip. This needs to be done with the engine idling in park and the transmission below 140 degrees F. You can use a special tool to push fluid in or use a quart of transmission oil with a nipple cap on it and squeeze the bottle.

Customer:

you still there?

Customer:

sorry never mind that last thing

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Yes I am still here

Customer:

im in my garage in the boone docks any tricks to make a nipple or a tool out of?

Chris (aka- Moose) :

I use a gear lube cap. You could also fabricate a original transmission fluid cap with a small diameter hose to force fluid up into the hole

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Chris (aka- Moose) :

Did this help

Customer:

yep

Chris (aka- Moose) :

If this is all you needed on this concern, and you feel I have helped please hit accept or reply and say I accept so I get credit for helping.