Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a lot of error codes

Customer Question
. Is it possible that...
I have a lot of error codes . Is it possible that I have a bad computer? any help would be greatly appreciated. I have codes 12R 13R 21R 31C 66C and 95C. vehilce is a 90 for mustang 5.0
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Ford
6/22/2010
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 8 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Do you have any running problems?
Have you tried to fix anything yet?

Any modifications to the engine?

It doesn't seem to idle very well and will cut off unless I give it gas. It was modified several years ago with a cobra intake, exhaust system. Nothing major. I have recently replaced the fuel injectors. I had the blue 24lb ones,but went back to the factory 19lb. If I had a bad injector,wouldn't it pull up on the code reader? I tried the fuel pump relay and the IAC valve.
You also have a code for the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) and the ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor. These can cause problems also.
I have the coolant temp sensor. I wil lgo ahead and put that on. Then I will go to oreilly's if I need to get the MAF
Ok. Disconnect the battery for about 20 minutes to clear the codes and see what comes back.
I will go back out and connect it and check for codes again at 8.
Ok.
Here are a list of the codes after 20 minutes and after the coolant temp sensor was replaced. 95 O 95 C KOEO. 12R 21R 41R 91R 33R KOER.

Ok.

We will have to start with the KOEO codes.

95 C and 95 O are both for the fuel pump secondary voltage failure.

First thing to do is a fuel pressure test and see what the fuel pump is putting out.

Key On Engine Off 35 - 45 psi
Key On Engine Running 30 - 40 psi

This fuel pressure test should be done at the schrader valve which is on the fuel lines just behind the alternator on the passenger side.

let me know what the readings. They could be causing the other codes and your running problems.

Haven't had a chance to look at it again. I will let you know this weekend
Keep me informed and respond back on this page.
KOEO it goes up to 39PSi then starts to slowly drop. While engine is running, it is steady at 39PSI.
I think you either have a wiring problem or a bad ECU. If I post a pin point test from the shop manual for the codes, do you think you can follow it?
yes. I need to mention that I dropped the gas tank today and decided it was a good idea to replace the fuel pump,strainer, and filter anyway. The tank was very dirty.
Sediment and dirt in the tank will clog the fuel system up. If you are replacing the pump and screen, also replace the fuel filter. That dirt is more than likely in the filter also.
reaplced the pump,screen and filter and still have the same issues. Let me know how to do the test you mentioned.
What is the fuel pressure when the engine starts acting up?
just got back from vacation. getting ready to go check the fuel pressure again.it never acts right. it is always idling off.
39 while koeo and 35 while running
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I still have a problem. same problem I had before I came to just answer. Completely unsatisfied. I want my money back or my problem fixed.
you never fixed my problem. I either want a correct answer or my money back. I will push this as far as I can until I get one or the other.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I want my money back or a correct answer or I will contact paypal.